Article by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. Our guest was Clint Brink and these are his nuggets of wisdom.
- Acting is personal.
- Acting it’s never meant to be about fame and fortune but religion.
- In acting many are called but few are chosen.
- Acting is not just a form of entertainment it’s way more, it’s a life skill.
- Do your best to do the Great in the character.
- When you love what you do the gift is in the operation.
- Be interested in being a contributor, connect with fellow actors and producers.
- As an actor draw out the noise.
- Physical training and exercises are important as an actor.
- Constantly exercise the person you are.
- Don’t be an actor that looks the same in all characters with different clothes.
- Actors need to be stimulated frequently.
- Know thy self (if you don’t, you’re giving everyone and authority to tell you who you are).
- Victimhood can exist with victory in the same person.
- Be an all-or-nothing kind of person
- Shut the noise and have the belief.
- Identify your purpose it will help get the tools and skills to achieve what you need to do in life.
- Be an intentional actor, do not inconvenient your fellow actors and yourself.
- While you age, you change, you will need to revisit where you’ve been before.
- Discipline and sacrifice is self-love.
- It’s difficult to separate your life and character but it’s where you draw life.
- When you’re conscious you become an agent of change.
- You can’t change the narrative if you are not intentional.
- Be an observer of the people that live by your library.
- Character Bible is important.
- Your character is more important than your skill.
- The fight is not against flesh and blood but against system and principalities.
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 11h00.