Compiled by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. This week, our guest was Sisanda Henna and these are his nuggets of wisdom.
- To bear your soul is to bless others.
- Give yourself up because people want to connect with the character.
- There’s a difference between a distracted actor and a present actor.
- A present actor is present in any magic given to him or her on set in a character.
- Be in the University of learning forever to level up.
- The way to stay is to keep giving.
- Stay Active (Seminars/Master Classes/YouTube)
- The basics of meditation is listening, calming the mind, breathing and letting go.
- Listen to nature and understand it’s space.
- The space and connectivity can help you to collect the pieces of art.
- The universe brings the right people when you’re still.
- Learn and humble yourself.
- As a student it’s important to be on-site even as an extra.
- When you connect with people you learn a lot and understand the format.
- Humble Beginnings teach respect.
- Have love for what you do, and people surrounding you.
- You learn so much when you are on set, volunteering and auditioning
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 17h00.