Compiled by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. This week, our guest was Kim Engelbrecht and these are her nuggets of wisdom.
- Do some research on your own.
- Acknowledge the opportunity to test yourself.
- It’s an actor’s job to pay attention to what’s happening around them.
- Know exactly what and who the character’s weakness and strength are.
- Have a sense of gratefulness especially on set.
- It’s important for an actor and director to feel open about the character’s ideas.
- It’s an eye opener and honest environment when the director has a clear picture of the character with an actor.
- Opinions of a character are important, it makes the process easier.
- Preparing yourself for what’s coming it’s work itself.
- Everything is ALL work (Auditions, Preparing etc)
- Actors are professional auditioners.
- Enjoy what you are doing.
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 17h00.