Compiled by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. This week, our guest was Lusanda Mbane and these are her nuggets of wisdom.
- Balancing, let the ball drop and take it from there, don’t push harder than you can control.
- Open yourself up for growth.
- Listen and learn in the working environment.
- To alignment and connect.
- Read Books
- Listen to Music
- Physical Movement (Dance)
- Family Time
- Speak and Perform (Using device resources)
- Do not fake energy.
- Be a blessing to other artists.
- Be You
- Practice Consistency
- Be on time on-set
- Be prepared
- Help yourself, you’ll get helped
- Allow yourself to walk a certain journey by yourself.
- Know who you are, where you’re going and why you’re there when you work in your space.
- Love yourself, meaning being you and doing what’s okay with your spirit.
- Enhance your gift by reading.
- Take opportunities to perform, and always be ready.
- Record your work and research
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 17h00.