Compiled by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. This week, our guest was Rami Chuene and these are her nuggets of wisdom.
- Be aware of what gets your day started and keeps you going throughout the day.
- Be grateful for what is going well even when they’re other things going wrong.
- It’s important to align yourself, your character always comes to you as an actor.
- Your character deserves respect and it always pays you back as much as you give into it.
- You can’t be an actor and not a reader, actors read.
- Find the fire of how the story makes you feel.
- Feel excited and love the story line first.
- Acting is like any sport, practice everyday even when there’s no work at the moment.
- Learn lines and prepare in advance.
- Speak up, it goes beyond your voice
- Respect the art of the director and script writer
- Sharpen your work and yourself by:
- Keeping Quiet in moments
- Creative Thinking
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 17h00.