Compiled by Adelaide Tsebe
Coffeebreak is a time to unwind and get in touch with actors’ processes. This week, our guest was Thabo Rametsi and these are his nuggets of wisdom.
- Watch and Listen to people without saying a word.
- Observing human behaviour is learning from everyone and paying attention.
- Pay attention to the character in words chosen to build it.
- Enjoy doing the work you do.
- Regardless of your background, you can learn everything you want in life. That is what the “f**k you” in me has done.
- Get inspired to push yourself in times of “No’s.”
- No one got into the Art Craft by accident.
- It takes 6 Yes’s to get a part and a 1 “No” to lose it.
- Not only talent will get you higher. Effort and hard work also contribute.
- Be accountable for yourself.
- Don’t try to be an actor, let the words affect you and never take them for granted.
- We all have different coping mechanisms. Don’t compare yourself with anyone.
- Separating yourself is important at some point.
- Control what you can, put in effort, knowledge and be ready.
- Always be prepared, always be ready, the moment will find you.
- Fail Forward.
- We mostly fight for happiness, keep fighting and appreciate the moments when they arrive.
- Art is Propaganda.
- If you can tell a story and not try to act, you can be considered an actor.
- The best way to choose a monologue, is to go with any that the words affect you, feel the words.
Catch Coffeebreak every second Sunday on the Actor Spaces Instagram live at 17h00.